Wednesday, October 13, 2004

It's terrible. The promos are over but they're still haunting me. Results aren't here yet and I'm terrified of failing. Absolutely scared out of my wits. Had a dream where I was in class, sitting next to Nikki. It was Chemistry lesson (yes, of all things...) and we were supposed to do some MCQ questions. And somehow, when we were going through the questions, I realised I hadn't completed them. (Typical tutorial situation.) And was hurriedly copying down Nikki's answers... and then Mr Lai saw me... And I was so scared! Mr Lai always manages to make me feel bad. I felt so guilty and worried... Then I woke up. And I couldn't fall asleep for a long time after that because I kept thinking about each exam paper I'd sat through, calculating the probability of passing. Which seems low. Then it all led to me thinking how I hate school, as usual, and how I wish I could run away to a pretty countryside and be alone. After a long time, I managed to fall asleep again. By the way, the only silly thing about the dream was that the MCQ questions weren't about Chemistry. It was a Singapore idol trivia. I recall a question that asked why Leandra had pink hair tied with green ribbons. (Atrocious colour combination!) And I was going, "How do I know why she wants pink hair???" And was panicking, so I just anyhow answered the MCQ questions. Of course, Leandra has really nice brown hair, and I have no idea why I dreamt that.

Anyhow, I shall record yesterday's incident of blurness. Went out whole day and watched Wimbledon with Nikki and Jean. Decided to go home at bout 5.30. Took the train from Orchard of course. Nikki was supposed to take the NEL train, so she was supposed to get off at Dhoby Ghaut. But she missed it and got off at City Hall. We were all laughing at her blurness. Waved goodbye to her as she got off at City Hall.

Jean and me stayed in the train, laughing away.

We were on the train going south.

And we were still laughing. About the fact that Nikki forgot to get off at Dhoby Ghaut.

Until. Jean stopped short when the train doors opened. And the sign on the wall said: Marina Bay.

Then we looked at each other. I remember exclaiming, "Oh my God!" And we were laughing like mad as we got off the train and ran into the train at the other side of the platform. The one that went back north.

Can you imagine, we let Nikki off at City Hall, knowing it was City Hall. And had the cheek to laugh at her, when we were missing our stop right there and then.

Absolute blurness on ALL our parts.

No comments: