Sunday, August 29, 2004

I don't know whether I should be blogging at all right now, though I've been wanting to all week. Why? Well, for one thing, tomorrow's my chem lecture test and I should be studying. I think I sort of understand Chemical Kinetics and Equilibrium... but I don't think I'll know how to solve any problem they give. I just don't have the drive to work hard anymore... which is pretty scary, really. The second reason why I shouldn't be blogging is because my internet connection is being crankier than usual and there's a very big chance that whatever I type now might not end up in my blog. Everything might just disappear as soon as I click 'Post and Publish'.

But I shall blog anyway.

When things are too coincidental, is it fate? Like how Jean and me ended up in the same JC class. Or how Duck and me, and Turk and Pige became friends. It's strange that Eunice became my classmate and Shen Onn became Yu Jie's. It sort of created the perfect situation for the blossoming of a special friendship. Or how about the way my mum and dad ended up together. They had been in TKGS and TKSS respectively. Which is incidentally physically situated next to each other. And they had been in the same polytechnic. And had been friends at some level. After that, they only met again because they ended up working in the same vicinity and bumped into each other. Coincidence? Is fate a bunch of coincidences? I don't think Jean and me would have been as close friends as we are now if we hadn't ended up in the same class now. Or take what happened yesterday when me and Nadia went for photog outing. We went to Botanic Gardens. We got thirsty and so we went to the cafe. There was a Malay guy there who Nadia thought was cute. I agreed... somewhat. By the way, I think Nadia has the strangest tastes in boys. Anyway, we bought our drinks, walked around some more, taking photos, and then went home at about 6pm. We were on bus no. 7 and guess who was next to us? The guy Nadia thought was cute. Me and Nadia were furiously exchanging glances and grinning. My eyes were positively bulging, I think. And I muttered under my breath, "This is too coincidental, Nadia." Haha. Of course... after that we got off at Orchard mrt station and he didn't come off with us or anything.

But still... Maybe we shouldn't ignore certain coincidences. They might reveal a glimpse of the future, eh?


No comments: