Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Was having brunch at about 11.30 am this morning. Was eating with sis... and watching tv... peacefully. When lo and behold, a huge wasp appeared into the dining room. It was the size of my palm... which isn't that small. And, it was flying so low, you would think it was having fun skimming its legs on the tabletop. I screamed. Then my sister spotted it too and screamed. And we dived, sprawling onto the carpeted floor, grabbing onto each other's shirts and clawing each other like neurotic cats. You see, each was trying to get under the other so as to shield herself from the wasp. In the midst of the tangling of limbs, I managed to seize today's Life! and used it to cover my head. My sister screamed again, realising she had nothing to protect her, and made a mad dash away from the dining area, towards our balcony. I, feeling abandoned and exposed, screamed and ran after her. All this happened within 4 seconds max.

By then, my maid had come out of the kitchen thinking we were attacked by vicious creatures. My sis and me, at the balcony, by then doubling up over our laughter, pointed to the window and cried, "Ada benda kat situ!" translated into English, "Wasp! Wasp!"

The poor creature, probably tired of all the noise, was already out the window.

Brunch was half spoiled. We couldnt stop laughing after that.

***

Birdiecracy outing was fun yesterday. Especially the Pictionary and Taboo games at Kino... Hahahaha. Was watching the video... couldnt stop laughing at some parts.. hilarious, I tell you...

No comments: