Friday, November 21, 2003

After approximately 9 months, I find myself back here. Why? Because certain host sites have decided to shut down permanently and there goes my blog... into oblivion. My poor entries. My daily creative secretions. Ok... maybe not daily... er, monthly?

Whatever it is... I'm using blogger again, hopefully for good. I'm sticking to it, since it hasnt given me much problem before. I've made everything look new and fresh, signifying a similarly new and fresh start in my life. O-levels are officially over and ditto my secondary school life. Unbelievable but true.

Today I woke up and thought, "Is there something I'm supposed to do?" And after a moment, I realised... no. I haven't any important thing to do because I'm finally free of exams. It felt strange, to tell you the truth. I'm so used to dividing my time every morning, setting aside a few hours for studying particular chapters and so on.

So... I'm slowly beginning to immerse myself in the projects that I so wanted to do for a long time. I've started editing my videos again... no matter how slow my speed. I've begun blogging again. I've bought the first book of Lymond Chronicles, The Game of Kings, and read furiously so that now I have only an eighth of it left to read.

I first discovered Lymond at Cassie's blog and was so attracted by her description of Lymond. And she is soooo right! Francis Crawford of Lymond is an amazing character. Maybe because DT!Draco is a reincarnation of Lymond. Haha! Alike in so many ways. Note that I said DT Draco, not canon Draco. They both have that cool exterior thing, the wit (though Lymond's sarcastic comments normally leave me blur because I dont know what he's referring to...), both are severely misunderstood (Lymond's is more serious... treason.), both have their own weird way of being honest and once you give your hand of friendship to either one of them, you can expect nothing less than absolute loyalty. Both have serious family problems. Draco with his father and Lymond with his brother. And of course... their looks. Both have fair hair! Though Dunnett normally describes Lymond's hair as yellow, and Draco's is more bleached. Both are drop dead gorgeous (I'm not the only one saying it. Lymond is described as so. And gorgeous Draco is common knowledge.). The parallels between them are infinite, I tell you.

But aside from the fact that Lymond is almost equivalent to Draco, the story has a great plot. I'm frustrated at my inadequate vocabulary, but what little of it that I possess has helped me grasped the gist of the plot and that has kept me going. It is so intriguing, full of suspense and surprising. And it has made me cry. Few books have succeeded doing that. HP 5, Little Women, that library book whose title I forgot, and Lymond...

I'm happy. I'm blissful. Holidays are here. And I don't feel bored yet!

No comments: